Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Trials

Trials and tribulation that one endures, will envitably show one's true character. Personally this year has been a year of learning and growth and has truly taught me more about myself then I possibly could imagine.

I have had the honor to meet an incredible woman that has been diagnosed as terminally ill, and given no more then a year (and thats being generous). Needless to say I had to cut our visit short tonight due to homework but here she was tonight worrying about my time, and energy constraints. Our conversation consisted of other people and what she can do to help them. How she could live longer to extend more love and compassion to those around her. She isn't hung up on what she has lost, she isnt worried about how sick she is. Tonight, she was worried about her neighbors son. I hope to learn to embrace the world with her compassion and love no matter what life throws at me.

No comments:

Post a Comment