Monday, November 7, 2011
Tuesday, September 6, 2011
- Vanilla Ice Cream
- Hot Chocolate Mixers
- Vanilla Vodka
Mix each to you liking! I will tell ya its hard to go wrong. Kudos goes out to Katie for coming up with this tasty treat. Now we just need to come up with a name : )
Friday, August 26, 2011
So in my years I have attend many weddings and such but I have never been in one. As of mid- August I can now say I will have now been in the wedding party. It is my pleasure to be the maid of honor in one of my besties (of 20 some years now) weddings. However, not going to lie, when she asked I had not the faintest ideas of where to start. Pretty sure it started with me on google identifying the roles of the maid of honor. YES, I went to google. She knows, I figure and she didn't demote me so she can't me too mad : ) So I also think this will be a great opportunity to blog about the adventures as a maid of honor. It is also partly why I changed the name of the blog.. I think weddings have a lot to do with sparkles . Plus I know there are tons of girls/friends of mine that are in the same boat.. kinda clueless, busy, and yet want to do a stellar job for your friend. So if I can help one person, I did my job. Plus everyone that knows me I love to talk (and that might be an understatement) but I want to document my journeys as best I can.
So what the heck do I have to do as a MOH (as the site referred to it)? Okay from my research a MOH does....
- Be the emotional life boat. Okay I think I can keep a level head for everyone?!
- Keep the bridal party informed about what is going on. Well I guess that gives me an excuse to talk on the phone longer, check.
- Shop for dresses. Love an excuse to shop, however my bestie got this one down on lock. Just need to get a style and it fitted.
- Plan and attend all pre wedding parties. OKAY, I now understand why she picked me...
- Help the bride out during the ceremony, in all ways she deems necessary... ok, okay I will stash a flask in the ready room.
- Hold the groom's ring... Hope he trusts me muahahaha...
- I get to hold the flowers during the ceremony... I like flowers, who doesn't like flowers.
- Give a speech somewhere during the reception - this could be good - first time I slept over at her house... I threw up on her and rolled back over went back to sleep. We are still friends, go figure?!
- Arrange and manage the train and dress... okay I just recently found out what a bustle is.. so yeah we will see how this one goes. I will try to do my best hunnie bun!
- I have to keep track of the gifts received...
- I get to sign the marriage license. BOO-YAH.. they get my autograph
- I get the priveledge of seeing and being apart my best friend get married to the man of her dreams. As a bestie that is truly the best part of my job... Love you girl!
Thursday, August 25, 2011
During our tours, we had stopped by Old North several times. Old North Church was built in 1723 and is famous for the ride of Paul Revere where they hung the laterns to signal the British were coming. Old North still run service every Sunday. So we went. It was a beautiful service, we sat in Theodore Roosevelt seats?! There a little plaque stating that Teddy himself had attended service seating in these seats. Pretty cool. After service we bopped around the North End again, and made our way to the Science Museum for the famous duck tours. Now the duck tour was pretty cool because you see Boston by land and by sea, however definitely make it one of your first stops. Since we had been a couple tours already, it wasnt as compelling. Moreover, when the water portion of your trip is more exciting for the 5 year olds to stir the boat then what you actual saw. But we can say we did it. I guess, right?! The picture below was taking from the North End on Hanover Street. You can find the best Canolis down this street and some fabulous gnocchi and other assorted Italian cuisine : )
Sunday, August 21, 2011
Thursday, June 2, 2011
Wednesday, May 4, 2011
Friday, April 22, 2011
I am officially coming to the end of my first semester of nursing school. It is a slightly frightening thought that we are done with that much content, but in the same right it is exciting. It crazy to think this time next year I will be nearing the end of practicum and about to emabrk on my life beyond school. Which then got me on to researching residency programs and what is to come next?! So far I have been researching programs on the east coast. Lord knows I have some crazy ideas in my head, lets hope I can translate them to life : ) At this point in my life many of my friends have been or are going through some of those big transitions that are uncomfortable and unknown. I know one in my life is not that far behind. But the unknown is scary. I found this quote, and I feel like many people right now can relate. It is from one of my favorite people, Eleanor Roosevelt. I hope you enjoy it:
Sunday, April 17, 2011
Saturday, April 2, 2011
Tuesday, March 22, 2011
Saturday, March 19, 2011
So Friday. Friday, was a day a pleasure and business. For the morning the girls and I made our way down to the Vanderbilt campus to tour and walk around. What a beautiful campus. After a good walk around the girls and I decided to catch some sun and read outside! Being 80 degrees and none of us have seen the light of day in 5 months we grabbed the suits and headed outside. I think we are the only people in the state of TN who think this great idea in March. Oh well, all I would have to say in I am from North Dakota right?! SOOO for evenings activities... GRAND OLE OPRY. We pulled our lives together, and mixed us some rum and cokes (well it was a five oclock somewhere) got ready and headed out to West End.
Wednesday, March 16, 2011
Monday, March 14, 2011
Friday, March 11, 2011
Saturday, March 5, 2011
Friday, March 4, 2011
This post is a CHEERS to all my friends : ) This week alone one of my best friend got engaged to an incredible guy, another got her fellowship from Princeton, and another is starting her last clinical in Nashville before earning her doctorate in May. This is just a blip of the many cool things my friends are doing. Kudos girls!! I could not be more proud to call you girls my friends. Congrats to all. Much love from Nodak